Search Selected Revolutionary War Websites:

I have a new home! Check it out here:

www.MyCrazyRevWarLife.com

Come see what's new:

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Regimental Jacket


Well Kris finally got his Regimental jacket!! A woman in New Boston is the one that makes them for us. We didn't get one last year because it was just too much on top of everything else we were spending. The jacket cost $150 and is made of Red and Green wool. The only thing we have left to do on it is put on the buttons. She sewed the holes for the buttons, but she didn't cut the holes open or put the buttons on. We actually had to buy the buttons from Townsend. We ordered 10 small buttons for the cuffs and 20 large buttons for the jacket part. The buttons ended up costing us another $30. Now I just have to figure out the best method of cutting the button holes open and then I have to go about sewing each button on! I will update once I get around to that!!

Believe me yours faithfully,
Rachel

No comments: