Search Selected Revolutionary War Websites:

I have a new home! Check it out here:

www.MyCrazyRevWarLife.com

Come see what's new:

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Bordentown, NJ June 2007


Bordentown, NJ ended up being our first overnight event. We arrived late at night because we had gotten stuck going through New York. We had to set our tent up for the very first time in the dark! Luckily we had some help from the other regiment members. A reenactment is something to be seen. I had never been to a RevWar reenactment before participating in them, and it is just awe inspiring. You really feel like you have gone back in time. I loved walking around and visiting the Sutlers, they are not allowed to sell anything modern day, which is great for us. The Sutlers are a wonderful way to pick up some different and unique period pieces. Unfortunately since I am writing about these events so long after they happened, it's hard for me to remember just what we did. I really hope to keep up with the blog better in 2008 so I can have a better record of the fun times that we really have at these events! (Hmmm or maybe some things are better left forgotten. Like a drunken watermelon in Fort Taber that shall remain nameless :) :)) The picture to the left is of June making us breakfast and the one to the right is of Kolby and Jeffrey shooting the British. If you want to see some more pictures from Bordentown, check them out here.

Believe me yours faithfully,
Rachel

No comments: