Search Selected Revolutionary War Websites:

I have a new home! Check it out here:

www.MyCrazyRevWarLife.com

Come see what's new:

Friday, March 14, 2008

Buttons, Buttons


So adding buttons to things is not fun. But it has to be done, so I do it. I was working on finishing up Kris' buttons on his regimental yesterday, when I realized that I did not have the right buttons for his sleeves. I had bought small brass buttons, thinking those would work, but really I should have gotten the larger ones. So now his jacket can't be finished until I can get my hands on some large buttons, I really didn't want to do another order from Townsend already, but it looks like I am going to have to. I was really hoping to have that jacket done by this weekend. I will at least finish the main ones, and maybe he can get by without the cuff buttons for a bit. You know what they say about the best laid plans!!

I also took some time and actually added button holes and wooden buttons to one of Kris' shirts. Unfortunately I was button hole impaired last year, so Kris had to get by with safety pins hidden underneath the cuffs of his shirts! It worked okay, but I went ahead and bought a sewing machine that actually makes button holes for me. It is pretty slick. So I got the chance to use it today and I added three buttonholes and buttons to his blue shirt today, so he would look good for the upcoming dinner. It turned out pretty dang good if I do say so myself. (No pictures of that, I know, I'm a slacker!) Now I just need to do the same to his white linen shirt and we will be good to go. So many projects, so little time.

I also put a call in to the woman that made Kris' jacket today. I asked if she could make a cold weather shirt for Kolby and gaiters for Kris. I have the fabric and the patterns for both, what I don't have is the time or the want to make them. She said she would be willing to make them and at a very reasonable price to! So that is a very good thing!! Another project off my list!

Believe me yours faithfully,
Rachel

No comments: