Search Selected Revolutionary War Websites:

I have a new home! Check it out here:

www.MyCrazyRevWarLife.com

Come see what's new:

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Timeline Project


So this is a project I have wanted to do since I started the blog. I want to take a timeline of the Revolutionary War and explore each event a little more. I really enjoy getting to know the people themselves, and researching that, which I will continue to do, but I also want to have some more knowledge about the events and politics of the time. Right now I know next to nothing. The Revolutionary War was not a time period I was particularly interested in until we fell into this hobby. So if anyone has anything to add to any of my posts in order to point me in the direction of where I can do more research, or if you just have some good info to share, I would love to hear it!

I have decided to use two timelines. One is more general, the other more detailed for the individual battles themselves. However, I am willing to take suggestions for a better timeline if someone has one.

More General Timeline
More Detailed Time Line

I will do my research mostly on the web, though I may venture out to some books as well. But I am a child of the information age, so I prefer the ease of researching on the Internet. Also I am by no means a historian, so I cannot go to the root of all of this and do some hard-core research, I will be using research from other people and, of course, I will cite my source for you. Again if you have suggestions of where I can look for more info, I would appreciate it oh so much!

This will be a work in progress. I will do my best to keep things in date order, but if I find new and interesting information about an older post, I will share it. I want my blog to be a holding ground for all the information I learn about this time period, therefore I am not going to leave anything out for the sake of keeping the blog clean. Not all my sources will be 100% accurate I am sure, but really is anything? If I need to correct something I put in here, I will.

My Timeline as it Stands:

1765

What was the Stamp Act?
Why were the Colonists so mad about the Stamp Act?
What did the Stamp Act really say? Part 1  Part 2  Part 3

Who was Andrew Oliver?
What were Patrick Henry's Resolves?
What is Tar and Feathering?

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not by name or face, even so the aura. One of the typical southern woman, people of Birmingham. Press casual pants, cotton T-shirt, a modest string of pearl necklace with pure skin. Her Charlotte stopped, exhausted. The wind turning lights, cast a shadow about the window, it seems [url=http://www.wdess.com/]cheap bridesmaid dresses[/url] to condone her house. Come look. Charlotte think Cleo for a short time, slowly shaking beautiful dress, wearing help. "I ought to be impressed, you know me, or run screaming my car?" You can actually alter the texture from the invisible, so she looks a the independent shadow of beech trees walking around. Charlotte pause stunning wedding dress can be a pure, inhaled deeply breath, observe the sky blue with the sky, the trees in spring, direct sunlight, the rally parked car. Requirement of her to awaken every morning, [url=http://www.wdess.com/]cheap wedding dresses[/url] to believe, to obtain closer to heaven. She pulled her favorite pair of shorts and driven up the ridge. But not alone, The annual Ludlow antiques auction to boost funds for your poor human house sweet reason. Charlotte raised her head, This can be the refuge of her very own, even if the other countries in the world isn't going to [url=http://www.wdess.com/]wedding gowns[/url] know how the situation. Picnic to create her mother here, parking for the gravel frontage road, secretly Ludlows Charlotte on the perimeter, smiled, and whispered: "Hush," If they go interesting and juicy prom dresses. Shading angle sunlight from her eyes, standing in the breeze Charlotte, look, decide what direction to go. Go back home, or walk an excuse? She does not need or want anything, could possibly be dependant on what she needs to her recent tensions with Tim's family through prayer. By trees and tents, Ludlow stone and glass building within the second floor windows, seems to be watching the proceedings and incapacitated.