Search Selected Revolutionary War Websites:

I have a new home! Check it out here:

www.MyCrazyRevWarLife.com

Come see what's new:

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

West Boylston - June 2008 - Friday


I have a pretty shocking photo to show you, if you don't think you can handle it, feel free to skip ahead a few. It won't hurt my feelings in the least bit.



Why is this so shocking you ask? Do you notice what I am doing (setting up my tent) and how light it is out? That's right people, we arrived at the West Boylston event in the DAYLIGHT! We weren't setting up in the dark, we weren't rushing to finish, and everyone wasn't already in bed by the time we were done. It was a miracle!! And I was able to catch some nice pictures of the tents going up (which is hard to do when you're always arriving after dark and you're pretty much the only one setting up).









After we got our tents up, Kolby and I went to register. Here is the lovely woman who signed us in, I am sure I am the only one who got her picture today, but it was a part of the whole experience!



Our tents were set up right next to a graveyard. I was hoping that some of the stones would be from the 18th century, but all of them pretty much were born after 1800. Still very cool to look at though, and a great backdrop for pictures as well.



After registration, the trailer got unpacked ...





The dining fly got set up ...



Firewood got hauled ...



The fire pit was dug ...





And the camp was sufficiently protected from pirates ...



Once everything was set up, we all headed out for Friday night dinner. I believe this is a tradition at every weekend event, however this is our very first one because, well frankly as stated at the start of this post, we have never arrived before dark before!



Lori and Debbie started the drinks at dinner with some yummy looking margaritas.





And hopefully this doesn't become a First New Hampshire tradition, but after dinner we headed over to Wally World to pick up a few necessities.



We then arrived back to camp and enjoyed a roaring fire, good drinks, and lively conversation with friends late into the night.



Stay tuned for Saturday's activities. If you want to see all the pictures from Friday check out my gallery here.

Believe me yours faithfully,
Rachel

No comments: