Search Selected Revolutionary War Websites:

I have a new home! Check it out here:

www.MyCrazyRevWarLife.com

Come see what's new:

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hubbardton, VT 2008 - The Beauty of It


This weekend at Hubbardton was probably one of the best weather wise we have gotten at a reenactment in a while. It was sunny, but not too hot, it didn't rain, and it wasn't so humid that you felt like you were taking a bath all day long. Not only was the weather just right, but the scenery of Hubbardton Battlefield itself was beyond gorgeous. Early in the morning, I took Kolby up on the hill to get some shots of him with the rock cliff behind. Of course before I could get any decent shots he had to run down to the bathroom, and by the time he got back the moment was gone, but I did manage to get one okay shot of him ...



Once he ran off to play with the other kid that was up way too early as well, I took some time to look down at the camp from the top of the hill. It's so neat to see it all from this perspective. First to the right, we had the British camp set-up ...



Then in the middle we had all the colonist dining flies ...



And to the left we have the colonist sleeping quarters ...



Back up at the top of the hill, there were some benches. These were used quite often during the weekend, but today I discovered one young lad who was contemplating the meaning of life (or plotting the day’s war strategies) ...



And of course my son never understands this Zen way of life, though for my own sanity, I truly hope he discovers it one day ...





But the other kid didn't seem to mind being interrupted too much ...



Once the kids had run off for a second time, I took the time to look back around and discover the beauty of Hubbardton on the other side of the hill ...



But when I looked back down, a crowd had started to form around the fire.



And since I was the one making breakfast, and I didn't want to incite a riot by holding out the food too long, I decided to head down and get started on that. But Hubbardton Battlefield is a hauntingly beautiful place to be.



Believe me yours faithfully,
Rachel

No comments: