Search Selected Revolutionary War Websites:

I have a new home! Check it out here:

www.MyCrazyRevWarLife.com

Come see what's new:

Monday, August 25, 2008

Blacksmith Pictures


In my recent Old Sturbridge Village post, I showed a picture of the blacksmith that works there.



The gentleman, whose name is Jay, happened upon my blog and saw the picture of him holding a knife that was unfinished in the photo. He offered to send me pictures of it finished, which I of course said I would be delighted to post for all of you! Here is the finished blade that he was holding in the photo …



He also passed along some other examples of knives and hatchets he made. He explains them as …

I have sent you pictures of various knives and a couple of hatchets I have made in the last three years. These items have all been made by forging the blade, not on a grinder removing the metal. The picture of the four knives together is of my earliest blades.









If you would like to see more information about a Blacksmith in the early 1800s, check out all the information on the Olds Sturbridge Village website here.

Thanks Jay for sharing your pictures! Please feel free to share more pictures of new projects anytime!

post signature

No comments: